Day 16 – Tuesday, April 11 – Five Star Quality
It’s the third week I’ve been here, and it’s the third holiday so far! It would appear that it’s a pretty relaxed culture, but it’s actually the result of an inclusive culture, where religious holidays of different beliefs (and even different states in India) are recognized and included in the calendar. Companies usually select a number of the numerous holidays that they wish to officially recognize. It just so happened that most of the significant and recognized holidays were taking place in March and April… although in typical professional services firm ethic, I was working on most of the holidays.So I showed up in the office in the morning and was working away. We made plans to have lunch at this place that I later found out was a pretty happening place, which I cannot remember the name of (oops…). Two of my colleagues had to go to a meeting close by, so I ended up going shopping at Cotton World until their meeting was over. Got some nice skirts :) On the way back to the office, we saw a parade celebrating the Jain holiday.
After working the afternoon, what I thought was going to be a quiet evening at the hotel ended up being a really long evening. Plans were made to have dinner with Vis after a meeting that he was holding with some recruiters. Avanee and I went shopping, where I bought three pairs of shoes (a pair of slides and two pairs of slippers with beads) from Regal, a renowed shoe store. We thought that we might not have time to even shop for shoes, but then we ended waiting for another hour or so for Vis to complete his meeting. We were at the Taj Land’s End waiting and waiting… I was so hungry! But I did do some reconnaissance, and noted that the Taj Land’s End is truly a five star hotel, as it has floor to ceiling washroom partitions (you know who I’m mentioning this information for :P). Anyway, we finally had a yummy dinner and made our way back to the hotel.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home