Monday, June 19, 2006

In Transit... Hell

I am currently at the Milan airport (Malpensa) waiting for the connection to Toronto back from my second trip to India. My flight is at 10.30am, but I'm not quite sure what time it is here... I suppose I could ask someone, but why didn't the crew on the flight here announce what the time was? I find that they are not very informative.

So I've been in the lounge for a couple of hours already, and it's been an adventure so far. In summary:

  • My colleague was putting the charges of the hotel on his credit card, as he has a local card. However, the hotel misunderstood and only charged his room, and was expecting me to pay incidentals. I called my colleague (even though it was fairly late at night), and he authorized the charges, until they realized that they needed his card. So they asked me for my card again, but I refused. They finally decided to call him to sort it out later, as I had to go to the airport. It was a miscommunication, but there was no apology from the lady, which was really frustrating.
  • Got to the airport, checked in easily, and then went to the lounge. Decided to head to security, and got distracted by the duty free... and then proceeded to get ripped off (so angry!), and nearly miss my plane. Had the airline people looking for me... sigh. Felt like I was getting reprimanded by everyone on the way there and by the crew!
  • Got to Milan, and of course, the security checkpoint for transfers is closed! Hate this airport. Found another security checkpoint eventually.
  • Tried to get connected to the internet. Paid by credit card, but then couldn't get authenticated. Called the help desk. No help. What a surprise. Finally get connected via fiddling on my own. Then run out of batteries, but I have the wrong converter plug... except this nice man lent me his! Yay!
  • This person behind me had the nasty cough/throat clearing sound. I was sure it was a guy, until I turned around and saw this thin woman. GROSS!

Anyway, that's it for now. Hoping to make it home soon and see everyone. Totally full of mosquito bites though. Itchy :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home