Making it Sing
As what one of my newest team members would say, "My spreadsheet is singing!" Not sure if it's an East Coast/Newfie saying, but that's what my spreadsheet is beginning to do! I'm super happy as I just figured out a new spreadsheet function (DCOUNTA) to help achieve some of my goals. I am actually trying to improve a monstrous, complicated spreadsheet, although I'm not sure that I will succeed at the end. Some of the goals:- Keep it under 1Mb (significant improvement over the original 3Mb, and now 5Mb when I started working on it).
- Make the spreadsheet easy to maintain. For example, if rows are added, formulas will not need to be fixed to work.
- Have a sheet explaining how the spreadsheet was designed, how the formulas work, and how to understand, complete, and maintain the spreadsheet, so that anyone using or completing the spreadsheet will find the spreadsheet useful.
- Have information easily reportable from the spreadsheet.
That's it for now... hopefully this isn't too ambitious!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home